With all the communication options available today, it can still be hard to beat the convenience and simplicity of the telephone. However, the phone is far from a perfect solution - it can be expensive, for one. However, what if there was a way for you to get a fully-featured telephone service with a variety of tools, without having to pay an arm and a leg?
This is actually perfectly possible, through the implementation of a VoIP solution.
VoIP is an acronym for Voice over Internet Protocol, which is the technical way of saying that your phone service is delivered through your Internet solution, rather than the antiquated telephone lines outside the office. Many companies and businesses have found that a move to VoIP is their best option, and that they need to make minimal adjustments to do so. Businesses often don’t even need to increase their available bandwidth to leverage VoIP solutions. VoIP generally comes in different tiers, with smaller businesses frequently finding that the base tier provides for their needs sufficiently.
Using a VoIP system can frequently provide a business with a variety of operational perks:
- VoIP is easily manageable - Your VoIP solution will either be hosted on your in-house infrastructure or in a dedicated cloud server. Either option will make it simpler for you to manage, with reconfiguration possible in just a few clicks.
- VoIP enables mobility - A VoIP system doesn’t restrict your employees to only using their business telephone while at their desk. While it will work with a dedicated business phone, your employees can also leverage a mobile device via a dedicated application.
- VoIP provides cost reductions - One of VoIP’s most attractive benefits is how it can scale back your communication costs - in multiple ways. VoIP eliminates the need to pay for phone services on top of your Internet service, and most “premium” features are generally included.
- VoIP incorporates integrations - Any software-based system inherently has the potential to play nice with your other software. VoIP solutions are included with this, as you can attach your CRM solution to make calls directly, and you can keep better track of business phone users.
- VoIP offers advanced features - Finally, VoIP has some built-in options that make managing your incoming calls much easier, and that your contacts will expect a business to leverage. From call waiting, voicemail, call routing, and many more options included for no additional investment, VoIP can offer a business a lot of utility.
Naturally, higher-tier plans will have a greater selection of these features available, allowing you to boost your operations even further. For example, top-tier plans often include video calling features, turning your phone conversations into a form of “face-to-face” ones.
Implementing VoIP in your business is more than likely the right move for your business. Interested in learning more from our professionals? Call The Connection, Inc at (732) 291-5938.